Daisy Chain Amplifiers?

I have a couple amplifier chips, and i would like to know how i could daisy chain them (connect them together for more power)

i am using STMicro TDA7266s pdf
i have tried putting amplifier chip in series with each other (not the outputs, but all the pins)


Picture of Daisy Chain Amplifiers?
sort by: active | newest | oldest
1-10 of 15Next »
110100101108 years ago
you need it to output high current at low voltage see what identical chips you have i assume from here on that they are like power opamps connect them in parallel on all pins except output connect a dc filtering capacitor of its own to the output of each connect the outputs of the capacitors together to the speaker output
NachoMahma8 years ago
. Starting a new thread to give more room. > what if i were to use a TPA3122D2 . It will do bridging (see Differential Input and BTL Output on page 18). . To do paralleling properly, you need to have access to the op amp inputs. Neither the TDA7266 nor the TPA3122D2 have the pins for that.
Sandisk1duo (author)  NachoMahma8 years ago
bummer.... oh well
NachoMahma8 years ago
. I've never done it with two separate amps, but I think amplifier bridging is what you are after.
Sandisk1duo (author)  NachoMahma8 years ago
no, the term is "daisy chain"
. Daisy-chaining two audio amps (using the output of one to drive the input of another), won't work unless the second amp is designed for a very high level input.
Sandisk1duo (author)  NachoMahma8 years ago
oh, i thought daisy chaining was wiring two amp's input in series...
. OK. Not what I think of when I see daisy-chaining. . Wire the inputs in parallel. Most amps have a fairly high impedance (~30KΩ for your amp), but if your source won't handle two, then add some resistors in series with each input. . If you must wire them in series, then wire the inputs as you would batteries; jumper + on one to - on the other. Doesn't look like that option is available with your amp. :(
Sandisk1duo (author)  NachoMahma8 years ago
what about the outputs?
. I think you will need to go with a paralleled amplifier setup. You need to invert one of the amps for bridging.
1-10 of 15Next »