Damn you service pack three!
Well I finally gave in to the little pop-up box in the corner of the screen and installed Xp service pack three and it messed me about something shocking...
A list of issues:
- The quazi-vista theme I was running wet itself completely, now replaced with Zune theme
- Firefox three got very upset and now has a mint theme because it had a bog standard theme that looked similar
- The startup screen (login bit) and the login screen for password protection on knocking off screensaver is going mad, both do work but have some bizarre half breed theme on the go
- The computer ticked and banged for ages
- Multiple other weird ones
- Oh startup programs decided to appear, suddenly I was inundated by FF, messenger, skype, media player and photoshop all opening on startup rather than just wireless G-utility... The odd three are on my taskbar list, some connection... Skype, I have no clue.
Before the restart everything worked really oddly, I caught on that it was time because it refused me the ability to install programs and generally messed around.
On the upside I hit a couple of sites and the combination of a less heavyweight theme and a ram optimiser majigger have got the computer running faster, now I'm just clawing back all my old settings. Slowly.