December 2014 Build Night with Chibitronics
20 SPACES AVAILABLE
Deadline to sign up: Monday, November 10. Accepted spaces will be notified by Tuesday, November 11. Read our FAQ to learn more about the Build Night program rules and how to make the most out of this event for your space.
DECEMBER BUILD NIGHT
We are partnering with Chibitronics, peel-and-stick electronics for crafting circuits, for our December 2014 build night. Sign up to participate in the build night and we will ship you a package that includes the following from the Chibitronics Shop:
- 1 Tray of LED Stickers (108 stickers total)
- 5 Sensors and Microcontroller sets
- 5 Effects sets
- 20 batteries
- 20 binder clips
- 10 rolls of copper tape
- 2 z-tape swatches, so stickers can be reusable
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Host a Build Night: pick a time in December to host a project build night using the Chibitronics materials. You can host multiple build nights during December to work on your projects.
- Post 3 Instructables: post 3 Instructables using the Chibitronics Materials. Not posting these Instructables will affect your chances to participate in future build nights.
- Brownie Points (not required): after the build night post a forum topic on Instructables about your event. Include pictures, stories, etc... Here are two examples from past build nights: Noisebridge and Makers Local 256. We may even feature your photos on the homepage.
REWARDS: If your submitted Instructable for this event gets featured by one of our editors we will send you an Instructables Prize Pack which includes: Instructables t-shirt, stickers, and patches. This forum post has guidelines for posting feature worthy projects. Be sure to let people at your event know so they can win a prize pack! Limit 3 per makerspace.
- Chibitronics Tutorials
- Instructables App (for documentation during the build night): iOS and Android
REACH OUT TO US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
tag your posts with #BUILDNIGHT #INSTRUCTABLES
Twitter: @Instructables, @chibitronics