I think i'm clinically depressed, and i need some advice on telling
my mom.   If anyone has ever come out about being depressed before
your advice would be appreciated

sort by: active | newest | oldest
1-10 of 25Next »
mermarina776 years ago
Hello Sam,
Today I went to the doctor with my mom to do something about my deppression. The first thing to do is to tell an adult (your parents) because they need to know first thing and so they can schedule a doctors appointment. Deppression is a medical thing and needs to be treated like a disease because it is. It's a disease of the hormones in your brain and needs to be cured. Most likely you will have to get blood work done (medical purposes) and then see a councelor who will tell your doctor whether or not you need medicine to treat your deppression.

Depression is spelled with one p.

mikey77 lemonie6 years ago
Someone has a problem with depression and your only concern is that it was spelled wrong?

Your incessant nit-picking helps no one.
. What do you expect from a DIY site? This is not a self-help or medical or mental-health site - it's about making things.
Perfecting yourself is the ultimate DIY project. Make yourself better, make yourself more perceptive, make yourself more honest. Much harder and more worthwhile than just making things.
. Sounds like unadulterated BS to me.
If that's BS, then color me coprophagic. ;)
. I can't find that color crayon in my Crayola box. :(
I think it's in the special box...they don't sell it in Wal-Mart...
lemonie mikey776 years ago

It's educational.
The poster didn't seem to have a problem with depression, but we may assume that being depressed was a problem for them.
I'd prefer people do me favours by telling me where I'm wrong, rather than think nits are being picked*. It follows that I appreciate your opinion there, thanks.


*Nit-picking is generally regarded as being a negative term, but are you not being helpful in removing parasites from a person?
1-10 of 25Next »