Fluorescent tube starter question

i m really really curious about something
you know the starter switch used in fluorescent tubes have a glass "bulb/tube" with a bimetalic strip i know what that is for but i dont understand what the coil beside the "bulb/tube" is for, and it feels like a coil but i think its more of a piece of metal wrapped i n plastic  

sort by: active | newest | oldest
michaelgohjs (author) 7 years ago
thanks a lot every one.. i finally understand it .. after 2 months >.<
michaelgohjs (author) 7 years ago
i looked there but it does not explain the part i m referring to the flat piece OUTSIDE of the glass tube.. its connected parallel to the glass tube/bulb of the starter
a picture of exactly what you're talking about might help too.

are you talking about something like this ? if so, i bet that's the "optional radio frequency interference (RFI) suppression capacitor" that was mentioned in caitlinsdad's link to howstuffworks
If you use the "reply" button on the inside of the post you want to reply to, the person you are replying to will get notification that you replied to them....otherwise, they won't know.
caitlinsdad7 years ago
http://home.howstuffworks.com/question337.htm fluorescent light starter switch.