Help identifying/replacing component

I'm trying to repair an iMac (Flat Panel) that has non-functioning USB ports. I've narrowed it down to this component, but can find no specs on it. I'm assuming it's an temperature/current protection component and appears to be in parallel with unused fuse pads. I'm wondering if I can get away with sticking a 2amp (it drives 3 ports) fuse in there and bypass the component. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Picture of Help identifying/replacing component
sort by: active | newest | oldest
NachoMahma10 years ago
. Does this do ya any good?
LasVegas (author)  NachoMahma10 years ago
Thanks Nacho! I did find that thanks to Eric's link. As is tuns out, the MAX3346 has almost identical specs and is actually more appropriate (1.5A nominal) for the 3 ports Apple used on that computer as opposed to TI's 2 port chip. Yea... Initially I thought that little glob looked like a TI logo, but dismissed it...
Yep, that definitely looks like a Texas Instruments Logo in front of the 22T. Cheers, Pat. Pending
ewilhelm10 years ago
Octopart didn't immediately turn up any suspects:*&c=0&d=0
However, maybe judicious use of wildcards would get you closer. (You've probably tried this already.)
LasVegas (author)  ewilhelm10 years ago
Thanks Eric! I really appreciate your help in this.

I think I've found the equivalent component from Maxim:

It appears to have the same pinout, but that chip is designed to run 2 USB ports as opposed to the 3 Apple drove with it. I've sent for a sample and am just crossing my fingers.