How small could you make a working computer?
How small could you make a fully-operational personal computer (say, something with the capability of a Netbook). I think the technology already exists to make one the size of a deck of playing cards:
- Hundreds of GB of storage in something the size of a little MP3 player
- WiFi transceivers fit inside a standard USB "thumbdrive" casing
- Projected keyboards could be integrated (not a separate box)
- The same technology could make an RGB projected display
- A small footprint CPU (maybe with "embedded Linux") ought to be practical
I'm not competent enough as an electronics engineer to prototype something like this, but it seems like a really great challenge for the DIY experts out there. How small could you make a working PC using existing current technology?