January 2014 Build Night with Cool Neon
Deadline to sign up: Wednesday, December 11
This is NOT first come first serve. We will be reviewing your application + past build night participation (does not apply if you’re new to build night program) to determine eligibility. We will follow up with you by December 13 to let you know if your space has been accepted. You must be associated with a formal makerspace or hackerspace to participate.
Check out these resources for hosting a build night!
JANUARY BUILD NIGHT
We are partnering with Cool Neon, a great online source for EL wire, for our January 2014 build night. Sign up and we will ship you a package that includes:
(1) Cool Neon Arduino Shield
(10) five-foot strands of Cool Neon wire of varying colors, soldered
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Host a Build Night: pick a night in January (any night) to host a project build night using EL wire + arduino shield. You can host multiple build nights during January to work on your projects.
- Your space must have access to an Arduino and a soldering iron. If you don’t have access you can still
- Post 2 Instructables: post 2 step-by-step Instructables using the EL wire and Arduino shield. The projects MUST use both elements. (Not posting these Instructables will affect your chances to participate in future build nights).
- Brownie Points (not required): after the build night post a forum topic on Instructables about your event. Include pictures, stories, etc... Here are two examples from the May build night: Noisebridge and Makers Local 256. We may even feature your photos on the homepage.
SIGN UP - Please only sign up if you are able to complete the requirements listed above
This is a 2-step sign up process. YOU MUST COMPLETE BOTH TO FULLY SIGN UP.
- Fill out this google form.
- You will then receive a private message in your Instructables inbox by December 13 asking for your shipping information. You cannot receive the cool neon materials without completing this step.
- Cool Neon
- Instructable EL Wire Projects
- Instructables App (for documentation during the build night): iOS and Android
JOIN OUR ANNOUNCEMENT LIST
If you are interested in being directly notified about future build nights fill out this form. You will receive an e-mail when the events are announced in the forums. If you have signed up for a past build night or this build night you are already on our announcement list.
ABOUT BUILD NIGHTS
Instructables is sponsoring monthly build nights at makerspaces and hackerspaces around the world. Each month is a different theme and we will send you materials to run a workshop at your space. In return your space posts Instructables from your build night.