June 2014 Build Night with littleBits
Deadline to sign up: Tuesday, May 13
This is NOT first come first serve. We will be reviewing your application + past build night participation (does not apply if you’re new to build night program) to determine eligibility. We will follow up with you by May 14 to let you know if your space has been accepted. You must be associated with a makerspace, hackerspace, fabrication lab, library, or university to participate.
JUNE BUILD NIGHT
We are partnering with littleBits, opensource library of electronic modules for prototyping, for our June 2014 build night. We have over $1000 in materials! Sign up and we will ship you a package that includes:
- (4) Deluxe Kits
- (7) Arduino at Heart Modules - not available to the public yet, your space will have an opportunity to get a sneak peak of the littleBits Arduino At Heart Module!! Must have experience with Arduino to use this module.
- (3) Additional Power Bits, batteries, and cables
- “Getting started instructions" will be included in the kit with information on how to use the Arudino at Heart Modules.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Host a Build Night: pick a night in June (any night) to host a project build night using the littleBits Deluxe Kits and Arduino at Heart Modules. You can host multiple build nights during June and July to work on your projects.
- Post 3 Instructables: post 3 Instructables using the littleBits Arduino art Heart Modules. (Not posting these Instructables will affect your chances to participate in future build nights).
- Brownie Points (not required): post your projects on the littleBits community page.
We are offering a copy of the Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate to the makerspace that submits the best Instructable featuring the littleBit’s Arduino module. That space will also receive 20 Instructables t-shirts for their makerspace.
SIGN UP - Please only sign up if you are able to complete the requirements listed above
This is a 2-step sign up process. YOU MUST COMPLETE BOTH TO FULLY SIGN UP.
- Fill out this google form.
- You will then receive a private message in your Instructables inbox by May 15 asking for your shipping information. You cannot receive the littleBits materials without completing this step.
Selection Process: We look at past build night participation, past project quality, and project proposals for the current build night. If you haven't participated in a build night OR haven't submitted Instructables for build nights you signed up for we suggest your space create Instructables over the next few months and submit them in future applications.
- littleBits Projects - a library of projects made using littleBits
- Instructables App (for documentation during the build night): iOS and Android
JOIN OUR ANNOUNCEMENT LIST
If you are interested in being directly notified about future build nights fill out this form. You will receive an e-mail when the events are announced in the forums. If you have signed up for a past build night or this build night you are already on our announcement list.
ABOUT BUILD NIGHTS
Instructables is sponsoring monthly build nights at makerspaces and hackerspaces around the world. Each month is a different theme and we will send you materials to run a workshop at your space. In return your space posts Instructables from your build night.