Making a bug collectors helm.

Does anyone know of some instructions to make a leather type cap with magnification glass or strange levers protruding out of it? I'd like to make something "weird-scientist"-like for my entomologist friend, Thanks! edited to spell "bug guy" correctly

Kiteman9 years ago
A pith helmet is a suitably colonial explorer/hunter in image, and is nice and rigid for fixing things to, and is a common prop in Victorian/steampunk costumes.

Random example from
Random example from
Oakherder (author)  Kiteman9 years ago
Oo I hadn't thought of that, I was wandering down the leather fitted helm path. Thanks!
Oakherder (author)  Oakherder9 years ago
Im wondering if this will fit over his dreadlocks, I think I might have to go back to the leather strap idea =(