March 2014 Build Night - Voltaic Systems Solar Panels
Deadline to sign up: Tuesday, February 11
This is NOT first come first serve. We will be reviewing your application + past build night participation (does not apply if you’re new to build night program) to determine eligibility. We will follow up with you by February 13 to let you know if your space has been accepted. You must be associated with a makerspace, hackerspace, or university to participate.
MARCH BUILD NIGHT
We are partnering with Voltaic Systems, products that store their own power to run your electronics anywhere, for our March 2014 build night. Sign up and we will ship you a package that includes:
(1) 6-watt Solar Charger Kit
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Host a Build Night: pick a night in March (any night) to host a project build night using Voltaic Systems 6W solar charger kit. You can host multiple build nights during March and April to work on your projects.
- Post 1 Instructables: post 1 step-by-step Instructable using the solar panel kit. (Not posting these Instructables will affect your chances to participate in future build nights).
- Brownie Points (not required): after the build night post a forum topic on Instructables about your event. Include pictures, stories, etc... Here are two examples from the May build night: Noisebridge and Makers Local 256. We may even feature your photos on the homepage.
We are offering a copy of the Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate to the makerspace that submits the best Instructable featuring the 6W solar panel from Voltaic Systems. That space will also receive 20 Instructables t-shirts for their makerspace.
SIGN UP - Please only sign up if you are able to complete the requirements listed above
This is a 2-step sign up process. YOU MUST COMPLETE BOTH TO FULLY SIGN UP.
- Fill out this google form.
- You will then receive a private message in your Instructables inbox by February 13 asking for your shipping information. You cannot receive the Voltaic Systems materials without completing this step.
Selection Process: We look at past build night participation, past project quality, and project proposals for the current build night. If you haven't participated in a build night OR haven't submitted Instructables for build nights you signed up for we suggest your space create Instructables over the next few months and submit them in future applications.
- Voltaic Systems DIY Projects
- Using Arduino with Voltaic Systems Solar Panels
- Instructables App (for documentation during the build night): iOS and Android
JOIN OUR ANNOUNCEMENT LIST
If you are interested in being directly notified about future build nights fill out this form. You will receive an e-mail when the events are announced in the forums. If you have signed up for a past build night or this build night you are already on our announcement list.
ABOUT BUILD NIGHTS
Instructables is sponsoring monthly build nights at makerspaces and hackerspaces around the world. Each month is a different theme and we will send you materials to run a workshop at your space. In return your space posts Instructables from your build night.