Need Recommendations for cheap frame materials
- cost effective: titanium molded rebar may be nice, but I don't have that kind of money.
- fairly strong: I'm hoping to fit 4 kids in this thing, and as such I need something that will be strong enough to hold them.
- light weight: I'll be pulling this by hand, possibly over uneven terrain, so it can't weigh a ton.
- easy: I have no skills or equipment for welding, so I need something that will be fairly easy to cut and assemble.
- available: It needs to be something that can be procured fairly easily from a hardware store, online store, junkyard, etc.
So far, the best ideas I've come up with are:
- pvc - fits all the above criteria, with the possible exception of structural integrity. Anyone ever used this for framing stuff?
- angle iron - could get a little heavy if I'm not careful, and I'd have to cover it to prevent injuries.
- bamboo - strong and light-weight, and reasonably easy to work with, but not very readily available.
Any other recommendations?