Neopixel motorcycle brake light and turn signals
i am planning to use a string of 144/m Neopixel RGB strip as a rear light unit for my upcoming motorcycle project.
the idea is to have the lights work as rear running light, brake light, indicators and emergency indicators.
so far i figured that i would need:
- Arduino Nano(didn't want to use a a big micro controller, need to fit under a thin seat)
- Water tight container to house the Arduino(also not to big)
- Grommet to run the wires safely and dry in and out of the Arduino container
- 1M Neopixel 144/m RGB
- Various wires
- Clear 3/4" width PVC tube
- Some Arduino programming knowledge
i was planning to use the running power source from the motorcycle to power everything, which is 12v, now if i am correct the Arduino nano can take the 12v no problem, i am wondering if i power the Neopixels through the nano if i would need a power converter to switch the output to 5v from 12v.
also i am not sure how the whole analog switching to digital signalling would work, so if any of you more experienced with Arduino people have any ideas or suggestion it would be much appreciated!