New York: Not exactly tourist-friendly
Shortly after arriving, she was hospitalised with pneumonia.
Social workers told her they would look after her daughters in a foster home, but:
- They were taken to an orphanage
- They were strip-searched
- They were asked intimate questions like whether they had been abused or attempted suicide.
- They were required to shower in front of observing adults.
- They were split up
- They were prevented from visiting their mother in hospital
- The Social Services have informed the mother that she is now under investigation.
Or is it just New York?
Daily News article