The 3.6 was satisfactory but I noticed there were still some problems for some people and it required some tweaking to make sure it worked right even though it was pretty reliable when it was set up right. This one is a lot more user friendly. I changed up some things so it's guaranteed to work without all the tweaking. It was just a few minor mods really. You won't probably catch any changes from the image alone at first so I'm obviously going to list them.
-The simplest but probably most effective is adding another light grey in the middle above the magazine. At first I had a gap there to make stripper clip loading easier. However, it made the ammo shoot up a little higher and sometimes would cause it to spin out faster. I also suspect this may have been the reason a second round would be dragged out if the magazine wasn't set up right.
-There's a green rod and spacer wedged in between the bottom of the magazine where the tilt bands are placed so that it doesn't squish the mag pusher. This allows for a weaker rubber band on the pusher so there's less chance of it exploding.
-I changed how the the magazine rests against the rest of the gun by using mini knex adapters. I'm not sure if this is required as far as reliability goes but I suspect that it may have been why some people's guide rods were shot off. The magazine tilted in ever so slightly but just enough for the ammo to catch the rod. The mini K'nex also have a larger gap so it's a little easier to slide ammo in. Not too much of a difference but hey, whatever works.
-The one you guys probably will like best. I changed the tilter just a little. It requires a rubber band to stay up but I didn't think it was a big deal. It allows the magazine to tilt out farther and the red connector can grip around an orange connector on the trigger guard in such a way that it takes some of the stress off your finger. This means you can use more tension on the magazine to make sure it stays shut without wearing out your finger.
-Finally, I knew this for a bit but decided I'd finally show you that you can use green rods instead of white rods on the top middle three holes (the bottom pairs and the front and back pairs would be required to keep the gun sturdy). You can use green rods then instead of black Ys to block the green rods in the holes. I used this method for a simple rail like thingy and added a custom sight. It's more for looks than function but it actually works quite well.
So yeah that's it. Between all the mods, it's guaranteed to work perfectly now as far as I know. Nothing has gone wrong since building the gun with everything changed. No magazine explosions, double shots, or anything that would otherwise be undesirable. Also, it's a little more accurate and gets a bit more range I'm guessing thanks to slightly more stable ammo.
I'm not trying to make this sound super hyped. You should just know that I come from a long line of descendants whose ancestors built the Great Wall of China.