Oodassault 4 Prototype
Anywho, I don't care for block pistols but after giving it a shot, it's much easier to incorporate things like a pinlock this way. I'll start listing off the features because I don't want my entire picture to be comprised of yellow boxes.
Starting at back working to the front:
1. Uses a new pin concept that I've been working with. There's a red connector connected to the pin, and then the yellows are connected as show to absorb the force. In theory, this should mean that because the force isn't transferred to the connection of the pin and the band holder, it shouldn't require any sort of other force suppressors to keep the pin in. However, it does make a loud clap so I'm probably going to try adding rubber bands around the connectors (but not around the pin) to quiet it.
2. I finally added a pin lock. I'm bleh on it though as it requires a broken orange in the barrel (I just have these pieces "naturally' so I figured most K'nexers would) and a band to ensure it works, but it works nonetheless and it adds almost no friction from the way it's on.
3. I stole KSC's idea for wheels. I'm not sure how much it'll help but I figured, eh, it doesn't hurt.
4. It uses the bullpup trigger idea from my PDR so that I can have a more compact weapon with good power.
5. The handle is from my new UMP and was added to give a more comfortable angle. It also is three layers with no white rods needed. It's decent as far as comfort goes.
6. Finally, it has a tilting mag that's right in front of the handle, so it's easy to access. The problem is I need to make a better pusher and figure out a lock for the new pusher. I think the barrel is part of it because I went back to the old blue rod style. The gun isn't reliable at all.
7. Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention that I'm experimenting with adjustable sights. I didn't make adjustable sights for this gun, per se, but rather I added multiple folding sights that are at the same height, taller than the front sight. This means that the closer the rear sight you use, the more of an angle the gun has. I doubt this'll be useful at all but there was room so I just threw them in there much like the wheels.
And that's that. The feel of the weapon is pretty nice. It's balanced. But yeah, that's all I've got to say.