With Instructables you can share what you make with the world, and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
We have a be nice comment policy. Please be positive and constructive.
We noticed you attached photosto your comment.
My objective was to inform, sorry that offends you. I've been in the construction industry then architecture for all my adult life. I DO know what I'm talking about. I have severe sensitivity to VOCs & yes they are everywhere - because manufacturing industry could care less about public safety. I was speaking to this group as DIYers - they are showing many projects here melting PVC, then using it for furniture or pets. thank you very much & I was just trying to save others from my fate. BTW, my house did burn to the ground - knee jerk.
Didn't offend anyone, we were just giving some more examples...
I am really sensitive to smells, whether is it's from cigarettes, coffee, or wood dust.
I will start coughing like crazy if someone starts smoking near (by near I can mean 50 meters away) me, or if someone drinks a cup of espresso in the same car with me. I stopped working with pine since by only smelling the wood, I start sneezing like crazy.
Back when I built my first homemade wooden vise, I used Pine wood. I sawed quite a bit of it with a jigsaw, and used a dust mask (80-94% I'm not sure). I did sneeze a lot, but I thought it was normal, and that it isn't that bad.
The day later, my nose could have been mistaken for a water fountain. Only after two or three days, my nose stopped running like crazy.
Let's not start with the flux fumes from even soldering for 10 seconds...
You need to Google more yourself it seems ;)In terms of toxidiy humanity create far worse than Vinyl-chloride molecules, just check what comes out of old cars at the rear end.Cigarettes are another example but still people buy them.Modern countries banned PVC for certain products years ago, so unless you buy from a cheap importer kids toys for example are no longer allowed to use it.Same story for most of the additives and softener used.Without them you would not have flexible vinyl floor covers and we would still use tapes as noone would have bought vinyl to listen to music.PVC won't burn by itself, only with an external flame present to keep it burning.Above about 160°C it start to release some acetates and chlorides as the material starts to break down.So for quite obvious reasons usage of PVC products if limited to lower temperatures and things that won't come into contact with food.Your guttering and downpipes, drains for your kitchen sink, conduit pipes for cables....If you want to compare the danger when stuff burns check what else you have in your house before screaming that we can't use PVC.I bet your fridge is foam insulated, your wooden furniture covered with varnish and your walls might be painted too, if not than wallpaper is glued on - you think these materials are less dangerous?? LOLThinking this way also means you have no MDF, particle board or any laminated furniture and of course no mattress for your bed....
STOP BREATHING OXYGEN!!! You don't want to die from cancer, do you?
Already half way dead thanks to the big C, and already tried stop using oxygen but it is really hard to train your lungs to ignore it.
I think I'm addicted...
So is formaldehyde, which is found in the air fresheners.
What about cancer sticks?
Posted:Feb 1, 2017
Let your inbox help you discover our best projects, classes, and contests. Instructables will help you learn how to make anything!
© 2016 Autodesk, Inc.