Paper Airplane Contest 3 (Closed)
For this contest, the specification is for a stunt plane.
1. Aircraft Requirements:
• Ability to perform a loop, wingover and/or a Cuban eight
• Durability to fly at least 15 flights
• Use of less than 15 inches (0.381 meters) of tape in construction
• Use of less than 5 pieces of 8.5 by 11 inch (A4) paper in construction
2. Instructables Requirements:
• 1 page strictly devoted to materials required in construction
• 1 page explaining how to fly the aircraft
• The instructable's license must be: "Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike (by-nc-sa)"
• This sentence and link must be displayed on your entry's intro page:
“This instructable is an entry in Paper Airplane Contest 3 (https://www.instructables.com/community/Paper-Airplane-Contest-3-Open/).”
For this contest I will award the publishers of the top 5 performing paper airplanes* one patch each. The first place winner will also receive a 3 month Pro membership. These patches will be medals (1st place, Patch with Gold Medal image and 3 month Pro membership; 2nd Place, Patch with Silver Medal image; 3rd Place, Patch with Bronze Medal Image; 4th Place, Patch with 4th Place lettering; 5th Place, Patch with 5th Place lettering).
*Multiple entries are allowed. To keep the distribution of patches wide however, each entrant can only win one prize.
How To Enter:
To enter this contest, you must send me a private message entitled “My Paper Airplane [Member Name Here]” with your instructable's URL included. I will then put the link and author's name onto a list on this topic under "Current Entries".
For this contest, I have decided that I will judge all the planes myself based on abilities. I have decided this way because I believe judging on performance rather than shape is a more objective approach.
The contest begins Monday, March 14, 2011 and ends Friday, April 8, 2011. Entries must be published before Friday, April 8, 2011. From April 8 to April 11, I will be judging all entries. I will announce the winners of the contest on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 and issue them their prizes Wednesday, April 13, 2011.
"The Outsider" (https://www.instructables.com/id/Ready-for-the-competition-The-Outsider/)