Paper Airplane Contest 7 (Closed)
For this contest, the specifications are for an advanced stunt plane.
1. Aircraft Requirements:
• Ability to perform a loop, wingover and/or a half Cuban eight
• A ground range of at least 25 feet (7.62 meters) and an air range of at least 30 feet (9.144 meters)
• Durability to fly at least 20 flights
• Use of less than 10 inches (0.254 meters) of tape in construction
• Use of less than 3 pieces of 8.5 by 11 inch (A4) paper in construction
• Aircraft must be named
2. Instructable Requirements:
• 1 page (not the intro page) strictly devoted to materials required in construction
• 1 page explaining how to fly the aircraft
• The instructable's license must be: "Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike (by-nc-sa)"
• This sentence and link must be displayed on your entry's intro page:
“This instructable is an entry in Paper Airplane Contest 7 (https://www.instructables.com/community/Paper-Airplane-Contest-7/).”
For this contest I will award the publishers of the top 5 performing paper airplanes* one patch each. Each patch will feature its respective aircraft, rather than medals. The first place winner will also receive a 3 month Instructables.com Pro membership if his/her plane meets or exceeds all specifications.
*Multiple entries are allowed. To keep the distribution of patches wide however, each entrant can only win one patch.
How to Enter:
To enter this contest, you must send me a private message entitled “My PAC7 Paper Airplane [Your Member Name Here]” with your instructable's URL included. I will then put the link and author's name onto a list on this topic under "Entries".
I have decided that I will judge all the planes myself based on abilities. I have decided this way because I believe judging on performance and suitability, rather than shape, is a more objective approach.
The contest begins Friday, July 29, 2011 and ends Friday, September 2, 2011. Entries must be published before Friday, September 2, 2011. From September 2 to September 5, I will be judging all entries. I will announce the winners of the contest on Tuesday, September 6, 2011 and issue them their prizes Wednesday, September 7, 2011.