Power Amp Build?

I was wondering if there is anyway to turn a set of old computer speakers (the amp inside the computer speakers more particularly) into a power amp?

I know it would be a pretty pathetic power amp but I was wondering how I could do it.

sort by: active | newest | oldest
NachoMahma7 years ago
> there is no input on that amp
.  There has to be an input somewhere. If you are talking about the Avondale, it uses an RCA connector. The PC speakers probably use an 1/8" TRS plug
NachoMahma7 years ago
. If you can hear them, they already have a power amp(s).
batboy61490 (author)  NachoMahma7 years ago
Yeah but I don't want the speakers, I want to be able to turn them into somethign like this http://avondaleaudio.com/audiophile-amplifiers/power-amplifier-monoblock-m130/

I now its kinda a long shot but I was wondering How I could do it.
You certainly won't get a genuine 85W into a load from a PC speaker !
.  You can use the amplifier(s) from the speakers, but I doubt if they will be 85W/chan. Before you ask, boosting the power of an amp is usually not feasible.