Results of Galvanic Etching UPDATE! 2 new plates
1) The etch came out perfectly.. even details that looked WAY to fine to pick up came out clearly.
2) The Inkjet Paper (Staples Photo Plus Gloss) took a bit of soaking to get off, but when I got a corner, It came off as one single layer.
3) I had to re-iron the corners, so check those before soaking.
1) a PC power supply worked fine for the etch.
2) my Root Killer lists Copper Sulfate Pentahydrate... no noticeable issue with this versus plain copper sulfate
3) Copper Sulfate Pentahydrate eats alumin(i)um... Using tin foil as the anode was a bad idea.. I went through three anodes over the course of the etch... next time I'll use copper.
4) Electrical tape makes a great mask to cover the back and edges of your etch.
5) Mr Clean Magic Eraser's make short work of the toner without marring the brass.
and now.... the Picture. (this is before paint, polish & varnish, I haven't gotten to those parts yet)