Serious Notice guys n gals concerning me.......
Anyway, just wanted you all to know, in case you don't see me for a few days or longer (the tests only last about 4 hours or so, but they could potentially bring on cardiac arrest, or trigger a severe asthma attack, depending on the kind of shape I am in ( it is kind of a pregnant pear shape actually ).
See you all when I am back from the hospital....
I have a lowered amount of blood flow to my heart. What this means is that I am a borderline heart attack candidate if it gets any worse. Cholesterol was a little high, triglycerides way high.
I will find out details on Friday I suppose when we discuss options...
Addendum 2: The pulmonary tests ( 05/21/2008 ) were horrible, but there doesn't seem to be anything overly wrong that is obvious to the tech, with my lungs.....will have to wait for the doc's report though
Addendum 3: Well, I am afraid things have progressed to the next step... I have to have a heart cauterization to see what may be blocking the lower artery, and how bad the blockage is. If not too bad, they will simply do a quick angioplasty and open it up, but if bad, I will then be scheduled for a bypass. *sigh* as we age the fun just never ends, eh ?
Addendum 4: It will not be THIS coming week, but most likely next week, they will do the double bypass. Because of the location of the blockage at a major branch which would end up cutting off flow to the other artery, they have decided I best have the bypass done.
PS: there was hardly ANY pain in the cath procedure.....I am going to give the person that told me that a hard time next time I see them :-) But I have experienced broken bones already, so I know the next step is not going go be a picnic.
I may be able to get the bypass done as early as Monday the 9th Yay !
I am now into my second week of recovery, and things are progressing so well, my wife is afraid I will want to go back to work early and she will be alone again.