The USnooBie is a microcontroller kit that does not require any sort of AVR programmer or USB-to-serial converters to load and run compiled code. It's hardware design allows the user to develop low cost USB devices with Atmel's AVR ATmega microcontrollers. It can also be used to develop projects which are not USB devices. It is even compatible with Arduino.
- No AVR programmer is needed and no USB-to-serial converter is needed to bootload. The bootloader uses native USB and works with AVRDUDE.
- This makes USnooBie the fastest and cheapest way to get started programming AVR microcontrollers
- AVRDUDE is cross platform, so it works on Windows, Linux, and Macs.
- Make V-USB based USB devices using AVR microcontrollers, great for making keyboards, mice, joysticks, gamepads, and other neat gadgets.
- Of course, you can also make non-USB projects as well because USnooBie uses the same microcontroller as Arduino.
- Compatible with Arduino.
- Thin design for use with breadboards or plugs straight into a USB port.
- Operating voltage is selectable between 5V and 3.3V by a jumper.
- Protection diode and self-resetting fuse protects your computer from over voltage, reverse current, and short circuits.