Varialbe current regulator?

Have you ever seen a variable current regulator? i googled it but i keep getting standard voltage regulators Any help would be appreciated!

Picture of Varialbe current regulator?
sort by: active | newest | oldest
1-10 of 17Next »
Padlock9 years ago
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this be called a potentiometer?
Sandisk1duo (author)  Padlock9 years ago
yes, that would work, BUT for low amperage/voltage, i need something heavy duty
Sandisk1duo (author)  Sandisk1duo9 years ago
ya, in theory all this is a digital potentiometer, but i need it to control amperage, and amperage only
how heavy duty are you looking for?
Sandisk1duo (author)  Padlock9 years ago
as heavy duty as it's available, like 30W
Goodhart9 years ago
would a "current controlled resistor" work ? Or maybe a thyristor (SCR)?
Sandisk1duo (author)  Goodhart9 years ago
I don't noe, can you give me a schematic?
The first picture is a voltage controlled resistor, the second of an SCR (the third pic is the schematic for the PNP device) the last pic is an SCR being used.
Sandisk1duo (author)  Goodhart9 years ago
what is Vg1 and Vg2? i don't know what device that is? looks like a mofset?
Vg, in this case most likely refers to VoltagegateIn (not power supply) typical symbols are pictured below.
1-10 of 17Next »