What is the Right Visual Characteristic for a Personal Medical Device?
Hello, I am an Msc student at Cranfield University, doing my thesis on 'Design Evaluation in Open Communities'. Can u please help me, by reading the message below, and giving a reply?
Thank you very much, your contibution would be much appreciated.
A Project is being carried out to create a device that will be used by women in their home to take a sample of their own blood as a health marker.
Below is a summary of the results of the research:
Traget User group: Women between the ages of (50 - 69)
Disease: Breast cancer
Scenario of Use: Single-use device for use at home, as a basic indicator of the disease
Requirements: the device should be able to:
- Take a blood sample
- Process sample
- Analyse and give a result
- Display instructions
- Simple and easy to use
- Device should have minimum operator dependent steps
- Device should be small/hand-held
The research identified the following words to describe characteristics that the device should communicate:
- Authority: professional
- Sophisticated: technical, scientific
- Hygienic: clean, clinical, healthy, safe
- Precision: accurate, specific
- Home: private, personal, sanctuary
- Familiar: identifiable, comfort zone, points recognition
- Disposability: single-use, not precious
For each of the charateistics (authority, precision, hygeine, etc.) listed above, can you please state which device conveys it the most and which one conveys that characteristic the least?