What the hell is this?

I have taken apart my projector and found the part that has been giving me problems but i have no idea what it is called or anything.. any help? it came out of a hannstar K MV-4  94v-0  underneath it it says E89382 091 6
see picture of blue piece 

the third and forth picture is the part i want to identify and replace

Picture of What the hell is this?
sort by: active | newest | oldest
lemonie5 years ago
Why do you want to know?
You took it apart, I don't know why but I like taking things apart .Does it matter what things are called? You could name it yourself.

phunky_phantom (author)  lemonie5 years ago
i need to replace the part in question.. thats why i need to know
lemonie5 years ago
If you search for hannstar K MV-4 you hit the right areas.

Is this a DLP ?
That would be my guess. If the DLP chip is what has gown bad then you might as well buy a new projector.
phunky_phantom (author)  mpilchfamily5 years ago
hmm sadly i have to agree i researched and the cheapest was $130 with the possibility it might not work, when a new projector is about £250 and insurance is £7.. thought i could go with a cheap fix.. thanks anyway guys