Why does my LED lamp have AC voltage from case to ground and is it dangerous?
I found however, that when I set a voltmeter to AC and measure between the case and a ground (water faucet, natural gas line or the ground from an electrical socket) I get 74 volts with one unit and 89 with another.
The seller first pointed out that a grounded cable should be used. I replied with pictures showing the unit is built to accept only two wire and comes with a two wire cord.
Then they said using a sink as ground didn't truly represent ground and that the measurement was faulty and that the current is not dangerous regardless. I took additional measurements using an electrical ground and the metal pipe from the natural gas line. Same result.
However, I'm having trouble measuring current. I put the probe into the ten amp side, set the meter to the mA/A position and got nothing, although I did hear a buzzing sound emanating from the lamp housing--that can't be good.
I then put the probe into the mA socket and tried again. Same buzzing, no reading.
My questions: 1. What's wrong with my setup that I see no current measurement. 2. Is this a dangerous lamp? I took the one near the sink down. The other one is not within reach of an accidental grounding, so it is up until I'm ready to return both units.