connector name (see pic)

I'm trying to replace the antenna on my Sprint Airave to get more distance (more on that later). i am trying to find the connector it uses on digikey. ive attached a picture. if you can tell me what this part is called, i'd greatly appreciate it. bonus: if you can get me a digikey/mouser/newark part number, i will post an instructable on range-boosting an Airave! also, i havent examined the pcb extensively yet, but if i slap a giant antenna on this board, will i have to put some sort of load inductance? i havent worked with near-Ghz frequencies before, so i dont know how sensitive these things are to loading. thanks, Daniel

Picture of connector name (see pic)
kelseymh8 years ago
Isn't that an MCX right angle connector? You may need to check the dimensions to differentiate between MCX and MMCX.
samurai1200 (author)  kelseymh8 years ago
you nailed it! that would have taken me hours to find. thank you so much.
Well, it looked to me like the connector on my old iBook's Airport card, so I Googled that first. The fourth or fith hit was a discussion forum where the person called it an "MCX", so I Googled that until I found pictures.
samurai1200 (author)  kelseymh8 years ago
very nice. so, any takers on the antenna loading question?