gmjhowe - Apple Fanboy
I have bought one of the original Macintoshes from 1984, the model I bought was the Macintosh 512k, called the 'Fat Mac' due to its upgraded ram from 128k to 512k. It was the second model of Macintosh released.
The Specs are as follows,
- Processor Speed: 8 MHz
- System Bus Speed: 8 MHz
- ROM Size: 64k
- Data Path: 16-bit
- Standard RAM: 512k
- Built-in Display: 9" Monochrome - 512 x 384 1-bit
- Avg. Weight: 16.5 lbs.
- Introduction Date: September 10, 1984
So far, I have three options,
- Gut the inside of the mac, and install a new mini-itx system, and make it into a Hackintosh.
- Gut the insides. Try and fix the free ps3 thats heading my way, install linux on ps3, install inside of mac
- Gut the insides, and use it as the shell for a 'companion' tower for my iMac, housing back up drives, USB devices, and my small USB powere 7" mimo screen.