need to know what this bracket is called

Hi all, first i would like to say a love this site its so kool.... i am working on a project but i need to find out what the small bracket is called in the image, so i can try to find a place to buy them. the bracket has two hole's in th base to fix it down and one threaded hole in the side. i hope some one can help. thanks for all you instructables, and hope i can add one if i can find the bracket's vinyl

Picture of need to know what this bracket is called
sort by: active | newest | oldest
1-10 of 13Next »
kelseymh9 years ago
Check McMaster-Carr for "Spring Plunger Mounting Base". You'll need the dimensions of your piece to select the right item. Are you sure it's M10 thread and not a U.S. or Acme spec?
vinyl (author)  kelseymh9 years ago
sorry i should have sed im in the UK.. im going to make them iv got some 1"x1" steel angle bar, going to weld a nut on one side, that should work..
kelseymh vinyl9 years ago
Yup, that shuld work, just a pain in the butt :-/ Pity McM-C doesn't carry metric-thread bases (they do carry metric threaded rods!). Is there a UK analogue to McMaster-Carr (Kiteman? Killerjackalope?)?
vinyl (author)  kelseymh9 years ago
nice, thay look like what im looking for.....thanks
gmoon9 years ago
I don't know about the threaded part, but the bracket itself looks a lot like a "pillow block," which normally has a bearing instead of the thread.

For examples, see the items at the top here.
. My thoughts exactly. GMTA. :)
Thanks, I had to look that up. I'm acronym-challenged...
vinyl (author)  gmoon9 years ago
thanks gmoon will have a look
westfw9 years ago
If it were a bearing, instead of threaded, it would be known as a "pillow block bearing" like this one:

But a quick search seems to show that the term isn't used except for bearings :-(

caitlinsdad9 years ago
Any clues to where you found this part or what it may have come from? The dimensions might help us figure it out, at least the size of the threaded hole. Is that just a painted coating or a baked-on hard coating?
1-10 of 13Next »