Instructables

turbines and free energy

I seriously need to know this question is it just more or does anyone else realize that you can get pure free energy using simple turbines and 2 other sources of energy in sequence if anyone can answer it ill say if they are right or wrong and if no one says the right answer ill just say it loud and clear so people can start saving the bundles of money that the power companies like to drain from us

Vyger1 year ago
As entertaining as this might be there is one absolute flaw in your plan. No patent office will issue you a patent. As a matter of policy perpetual motion devices are not considered for patents. Therefore even if it were to work there would be no profit in it at all and so there is no point in pursuing it.
maskofdarkness22 (author) 1 year ago
sorry haven't been on or able to work but half of what i had with me in the other hospital was stolen before my dad or brother could get in the building to get my things including my most recent invention book the only thing i still have from it is the first page and not even because its a picture i took of the first page demonstrating a theoretical warp engine if anyone would like to see that i can i'm still trying to get replacement equipment for working on this invention for power it's been difficult starting from scratch as well as i am trying to get my original designs from storage not easy when all my things are in my moms attic and too much of a problem to go into and a bit personal lets just say moms violent and parents are divorced so my brothers the only who can get my things unfortonately he works for the state and because all the damage from the storm hes been too busy to help get what i need
lemonie2 years ago
I don't know what you're talking about.
Do you what you're talking enough about to explain yourself more clearly?

L
He he
There's "detailed explanation" below on this thread.

L
maskofdarkness22 (author)  lemonie1 year ago
ok step by step

Parts
Battery of your choosing
gears
electric motor
turbines of any size of your choosing this depends on how powerful you want the output to be but the gears also play a part in this because the smaller the teeth are on a gear the faster it will rotate the gears that are connecting with it

Steps

Setup your motor with your batter and have an extra connection going into the batter where you will eventually connect maybe 1 or 2 of the turbines to in order to supply a constant charge from the turbines

the motor is set up with a gear oh and before i forget its best to have all the gears the same size with the same amount of teeth this should be obvious because difference in teeth will decide if the gears work together or not that will be connected to the motor and the many turbines

ok now that you have your battery set up with the motor and a gear on the motors rotational pin your going to basically do the same with the turbines by attaching gears that will rotate them then have all the turbines linked to 1 circuit for the negative charges and 1 for the positive the negative one will be the one that takes some of the turbines and uses them to recharge the battery while the positive one will send power out to what ever it is you wish to power with it weathers its a energy storage unit or have directly to the thing your powering house car what ever this has applications to many things depending on the size of the container you will be making this in as well as the size of the turbines and the motor itself along with the battery

get it now???
problem is it takes MORE energy to run the turbines than charge the battery. I know, reality sucks. ;-)
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Goodhart1 year ago
also what is this weirdness with it takes more energy to run a turbine then charge the battery if you think bout what you said it doesn't make sense considering they do make windup devices that have turbines you turn just by hand and your telling me a simple motor wouldn't be able to do what a human arm can do even though it has more potential to turn at a more constant rate where as the human arm will eventually tire out after turning something that long
Have you any training in the conservation of energy, electronics, mathmatics, etc at all? You seem not to know anything along those lines.
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Goodhart1 year ago
trust me i know more then you probably do
IF you know a lot more than what is presented on the following link, then "maybe". Read through the lectures and let me know.
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Goodhart1 year ago
i do and i know the problems you're all talking bout i remade my designs so many times i lost count i got at least 15 note books full of designs i been remaking over n over since was bout 4 where i won my first computer state award few others as well just haven't the chance i have now to actually work on anything i came up with do to all the operations i been getting over the years n the fact most hospitals wont allow that kind of equipment in the building to be handle by anyone besides maintenance but finally found a place where i can get all my gear from storage with a room big enough to set up my lab as i had it before my back caved in
Again, not being familiar with real world physics would be the only reason it doesn't make sense. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed, so, even with Perfectly frictionless mechanical parts (which is impossible), And perfect energy conversion (again, not possible in the real world) you'd STILL have to overcome the understanding that it takes far MORE energy to charge a battery than the discharge because again, energy is dissipated in heat, etc. This is loss, this makes a self-staining contraption impossible.


Here is a link to a better explanation of charge / discharge rates


And  the following deals with battery internal resistance....
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Goodhart1 year ago
Honestly this has to be the worlds worst attempt at a diss in all of history not to mention adding the emoticon to it just makes it even worse you should really think before you speak because your statement is the most stupid comment i have ever heard in my life what do you think those handles are turning in emergency survival electronics that charges the battery for you to use them i mean really it only took me like 30seconds turning one on a light just to charge the battery for it to last about an hour i mean just wow i can't believe what you said and you're suppose to be an inventor this just has me so confused on how someone like you can say something of that magnitude without even considering the fact that the techs been made for years now literally japan has kits sold with tons of things that can be recharged from this because the handle is attached to a mini turbine which when turned charges the batter so how i mean really i can't even think of a way to say just how stupid of remark this was
*sigh* take some simple courses to start with, then move up to simple math, and simple electronics, toss in some mechanical engineering and then we'll talk, until then, you are blathering
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Goodhart1 year ago
yet another failure at a diss not even going to comment on it this time
I am not dissing, I am offering you advice. You don't build a bridge before knowing how to. And even speaking of building a bridge if you haven't the knowledge to do so, is useless.
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Goodhart1 year ago
ok sorry an correct i answered your question from jan 1st bout that i been working on the designs for a long time & i'll admit i did encounter problems but i kept working on them only able to build 3d models with n old friend who was good at art both on n off the computer sadly my back took most my time so getting past computer modeling never happened
and the following, a cut and paste from your post makes NO sense at all: then have all

the turbines linked to 1 circuit for the negative charges and 1 for the positive the negative one will be the one that takes some of the turbines and uses them to recharge the battery while the positive one will send power out
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Goodhart1 year ago
hmm it confuses me how you cant understand that turbines give off the positive charge where you then have an extra connection running from the negative part of the battery to take in the charge but that was trying to put it as simple as possible you can label them how ever you wish but any way im just going to do a picture by picture with video of this once i have me things from the other building at the moment cant really do much because they're not allowing anyone in since the first floor was completely flooded and some the inner walls are being replaced
though you guys were suppose to brainiacs never expected i'd have to give a demonstration of such simple design
It is because we study that we understand why your idea;

a) Has been tried before, many times.
b) Will not work
c) Cannot work.

However, you seem determined to show that you are correct, which is why we have suggested that you build the machine - it seems that the only thing that will convince you is a concrete demonstration.

Obviously, if one of "us" built the device and declared it to be a failure, you would, in turn, declare us to be cheating, or not doing it properly etc, so the only remaining option is for you to discover for yourself that your idea cannot produce the results you claim.

Should you discover that your idea works, take careful note of your data, and guard your design carefully, because you would be in a position to sell the design for billions within hours of success.
Insulting those that understand physics and the electro-magnetic spectrum better then you do, will not earn you any brownie points. for sure
It doesn't confuse me that one can make up how energy on the electro-magnetic spectrum works. Now, if you took a few courses (some are offered on line and some are even free), then returned with a "working knowledge"; we can continue our conversation.
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Goodhart1 year ago
i know doesn't it when people keep missing the parts about the gears or sprockets as i last said being used to turn the turbines from the motor then routing some of the turbines power back to the negative part of the battery so that the turbines can provide a constant charge its very hard for someone like you to comprehend so sad ;-)
Build one and let us see it working please.

L
maskofdarkness22 (author)  lemonie1 year ago
going too asap just waiting to retrieve my tools an equipment from the flooded building i was in luck has it was only the 1st my things were on the 3rd but they closed off the entire building for the time being until repairs finish and building inspectors can check it
maskofdarkness22 (author)  lemonie1 year ago
actually your all over thinking it, the answer is simple as making an old fashion clock with merely a 9v battery you can design a small power box capable of powering your home and charging a large energy storage system the basics of it is that all you really need to use is a small electronic motor with a series of mini turbines and gears by doing this you can continuosly charge the small battery that powers the motor that turns the gear on it which in turn turns the gears connected to the turbines and as you all know gears can change the speed of things based upon how many brackets are on each of the gears so technically you can produce more power by have a gear on the motor powered by the battery have a bunch of tiny brackets as well as the same on the turbine to produce more power than that which is being used to spin it
That won't work. However, I gave my mate Piet a VCR head-assembly and some Neodymium magnets for his idea, so maybe he'll  have something next year.

L
maskofdarkness22 (author)  lemonie1 year ago
would work because the turbines would be sending power back to the battery plus the external storage system then not to mention like i said with gears you have the teeth the smaller the teeth are the faster they will spin so technically you could use a mini motor with a gear on it to turn a series of turbines using a bunch of gears attached to each turbine to produce more power then which the battery itself has allowing to keep few of the turbines charging the battery while the rest power or at least store power into an external unit
maskofdarkness22 (author) 1 year ago
ok listen this is actually quite simple i'm actually a little confused how you can't understand the basics of this all you really need to think of is how old fashion clocks worked with a wind up key replace the wind up key with a motor powered by a battery n have it power the clocks systems but at the same time you're basically having another clock within the clock which is supplying new power to the battery as everything turns
I'm a little confused how you can think that that would work. Surely you realise that you'd need to add as much energy as you'd get back, and also lose energy to friction, so you'd effectively be losing energy in the whole system?
Right meaning he'd have to add MORE energy from the outside to even break even.
RIGHT ! If you DON'T wind it up (input outside energy) it never runs....AND if measured, the output of the clock is directly porportional to the input, many times in a decreasingly exponential way.
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Goodhart1 year ago
lets hold off on this for a bit till i can construct the model version & demonstrate it properly because i will admit there is probably something i'm not explaining correctly
Ok, but work on this a bit in the mean time, on your "generator": :


Multiply the voltage in volts by the current in amps of the primary of the transformer. Record the figure.

2
Multiply the voltage in volts by the current in amps of the secondary of the transformer. Record the figure.

3
Subtract the secondary power from the primary power. The answer equals your power loss. Example: the primary voltage of 440 volts with a current of 3 amps equals a power of 1320 watts. A secondary voltage of 220 volts with current at 5.7 amps equals a power of 1210 watts. Subtracting 1254 from 1320 equals 66 watts, which indicates that your transformer loses 66 watts, mostly in the heat it dissipates.



maskofdarkness22 (author)  Goodhart1 year ago
My main expertise deals in mostly electronic hardware development and design i've done some volunteer work from certain programs online not able to say under agreements of the contracts i signed for short term i was constantly tested by the government program for possible enrollment in the Games And Theory department of the MT but with how fast my back was degenerating they though i would be dead by the time i was 10 so they stopped hounding me main reason behind that was because my teachers kept recommending me for so many programs that higher sources started taking interest so i know what i'm talking bout & i'm 100% positive the design i currently have would work once i'm able to get to it which after bout 15 years of remaking the designs and over 21 operations later i finally have the chance to begin working on the many things i started designing to help better our planet like in my profile as i say i want to better the world so most my designs for things are green tech based everything from medical tools to your every day house gardening
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Goodhart1 year ago
wish i had my note book on me i have some notations next to the design close to what you put i think there may be something new i can add in that you just made me think of
I think you're saying that adding a generator to a "clockwork," and it will dutifully produce electricity without any "cost" (loses in the system due to the underlying physics). And adding another electrical "load" to the system--such a motor to wind the clockwork--is also without any associated "cost."

But you're missing something else in addition to what others have pointed out--any electromagnetic generator (or alternator) creates a mechanical load proportional to the electrical load you place on it--i.e., the more current you try to draw from the generator, the harder it is to turn.

Basically, even if you ignore friction, and loses charging batteries, etc. (which you cannot in the real world), it's always a loosing proposition to attempt to draw more energy from a system then it had to start.

There's just no way around this. It's not a matter of people misunderstanding your proposal; we've all probably thought about such a system at one point or another and rejected it...
maskofdarkness22 (author) 1 year ago
ok based on what Goodhart said this is starting to seem like people with pro accounts not wanting this to get out because you're scared of what may happen to the economy if people find out there is a cheap and easy way to get free energy because i mean seriously Goodhart re read what you said then think about all the emergency lights and radios that have been developed for emergency kits what is the common thing they all have an is used to recharge the battery can anyone answer this????
Best. Troll. EVER!
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Jayefuu1 year ago
???
What you're trying to convince people is that you've discovered perpetual motion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion
He HAS discovered perpetual motion. This thread is STILL going !!!
... because people commenting on it...




Oops!
EXACTLY, Increased entropy UNLESS the system is not self contained (sealled off from the rest of the cosmos; receiving energy from elsewher). But then, that's not perpetual motion nor free energy, but that's winding up the clock with your hands and claiming it was "free". And yes, I know you know this already....but I have to blow of the steam somewhere..... hope you don't mind.
emergency lights and radios that have been developed for emergency kits what is the common thing they all have an is used to recharge the battery can anyone answer this????


.....human muscle power.
I posted below and I am through. He proclaims to know about physics and continually denies the reality of physics. I want this to end (with me, at least) on a "nice" note. >:-D
Cheap and renewable not really free after all there is the initial investment of equipment and maintenance, that aside depending on the generators efficiency 60% to 80% that is 1000 watts in 600 to 800 watts out is what I think Goodheart is speaking of.
I would go wind turbine for windy but no sunshine, solar cells for sun and no wind, charging batteries for when there is no wind or sun.
Joe
Toga_Dan2 years ago
Free energy:
Spend a billion dollars building a dam.
Flood a large area upstream, displacing people and habitat.
Install a turbine in the dam, connected to a generator.
Pay crew to maintain the equipment.

You have now harnessed free energy.
How is "Spend a billion dollars building a dam." free?
The running water that powers it is free.
After initial costs, there is wear and tear, DAILY maintainance, etc ETC. If you do not put the time, effort and continual input of funds and work, it fails and will not even make back the money initially invested in it
Yes.
But.
The water is free.
Therefore, FREE ENERGY!
;)
( I'm just yankin your chain, Goodhart!!! no offense intended. My 1st post here was meant as a joke in the 1st place. )
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Toga_Dan1 year ago
so far you're the most correct however you truly don't require something of that magnitude you merely need to connect a battery powered motor to a series of turbines where the turbines not only provide power for your home but also back to the battery that powers the motor powering the turbines
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Toga_Dan1 year ago
actually your all over thinking it, the answer is simple as making an old fashion clock with merely a 9v battery you can design a small power box capable of powering your home and charging a large energy storage system the basics of it is that all you really need to use is a small electronic motor with a series of mini turbines and gears by doing this you can continuosly charge the small battery that powers the motor that turns the gear on it which in turn turns the gears connected to the turbines and as you all know gears can change the speed of things based upon how many brackets are on each of the gears so technically you can produce more power by have a gear on the motor powered by the battery have a bunch of tiny brackets as well as the same on the turbine to produce more power than that which is being used to spin it
Kiteman2 years ago
Go and learn about the Laws of Thermodynamics, then come back and delete this topic.
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Kiteman1 year ago
actually your all over thinking it, the answer is simple as making an old fashion clock with merely a 9v battery you can design a small power box capable of powering your home and charging a large energy storage system the basics of it is that all you really need to use is a small electronic motor with a series of mini turbines and gears by doing this you can continuosly charge the small battery that powers the motor that turns the gear on it which in turn turns the gears connected to the turbines and as you all know gears can change the speed of things based upon how many brackets are on each of the gears so technically you can produce more power by have a gear on the motor powered by the battery have a bunch of tiny brackets as well as the same on the turbine to produce more power than that which is being used to spin it
Either make that device yourself, and prove it works, or go and read this.
Kiteman, he seems to really "believe" in the common conspiracy theory that "unlimited energy" exists "free of the laws of the conservation of energy" and that everyone else is trying to keep the world from it. I have a relative like this, and you can't argue with them because (as you have already seen above), if you deny it (and even demonstrate how and why they are incorrect), you become one of the conspirators. It's an impossible situation, but I understand, one must make as best a stand as possible, "just in case the person can be pulled back into reality".
But it is a sad sad thing to see....and I see enough of it up close and personal.
Indeed.
Of course, it helps our egos a wee bit to defend reality while someone else is promoting pixy dust (or as one engineer I grew up with {as in, grew up reading about} and admired most of my life would say; flooby dust :-) )
For reference:   Flooby Dust,  the mixed bag
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Kiteman1 year ago
ill be producing it for a nursing home very soon just the past few years haven't been so good was paralyzed for 3 yrs then suddenly got my movement back drs don't understand it and the storm has left me stuck without my equipment and tools because the hospital i was in is currently closed to the public as they repair the first floor but in all honesty it really is possible as well as simple as long as you add enough turbines to it as well as calibrate them to provide power both for the battery and your home
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Kiteman1 year ago
i know them already and again its pretty much as i said actually even though i made designs for it a long time ago its not really as much unknown any more as it once was if you've seen that add on most websites saying this little device is a secret to getting free power that power companies don't want you to know yea well that's it basically simple old fashion tech combined with some new fashion tech leading to a hybrid energy source whcih can continously self charge itself as long as you don't use more power which is produced by the array of turbines which is also why i would recommend if you build one don't forget to include 3 power meters one that monitors the battery that powers the motor one that monitors the output of the turbines and another that monitors the power of which the turbines store their energy into the much larger battery storage device
You know them, but you've chosen to ignore them?

Newsflash - ignoring reality does not make it go away.

maskofdarkness22 (author)  Kiteman1 year ago
news flash am i wrong bout how gears can cause things to spin faster than what is spinning the first one pending on how many brackets are on the gears and also doesn't a turbine produce more power the faster it spins if i'm wrong on both of these then please explain why they are being used for the new thermal energy power plants
You really don't know?

What you said (Dec 20, 2012. 1:00 PM):

> Use a battery to run a motor
> Use the motor to spin some gears
> Gear up the spin to a higher speed
> Connect the faster gears to generator
> The generator will produce more power than the original battery provided.

So, I repeat my post (of Oct 5, 2012. 2:35 AM)); Go and learn about the Laws of Thermodynamics, then come back and delete this topic.
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Kiteman1 year ago
again i say reread what i said because you removed a lot of things i said in my explanation like the fact where gears spin fast or slow depending on the brackets on them uhm to dumb it down for you since you don't seem to know what that is "the small spikeys on the gears body the smaller they are the faster the gear will rotate the other gears connect to it so long as the gearsy is nearly the same as the one turning it okies? "
How about re-posting, then, but with some punctuation this time?
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Kiteman1 year ago
once i can get a hold of a scanner i'm just going to post it as instructable i find it hard that you wouldn't understand it considering some of your own power designs are closely related to what im saying but more on the advance side i refer to this project being a hybrid because its taking old technology and mixing it with current technology that of gears combined with that of motors and batteries and i will apologize for my bad grammar even though i am good with science my grammar could stand to use a lot of improving
It's not "bad grammar", it's "missing grammar".

Not a full stop, capital letter or comma in the whole thing, never mind paragraphs.
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Kiteman1 year ago
but i will be posting it once i get the chance as well as producing the prototype as a donation for the place i'm currently staying in as a thank you to them because i asked if i could stay rather than returning to the previous long term care i was under the current room im in will allow for me to retrieve all my lab equipment thats been in storage for the past 9yrs and establish a proper work place an since the hospital is allowing me to have my lab equipment to work with again i feel i owe them considering most the places i been in here in NY have either been too small or against it due to that anything that may be used as a weapon is usually forbidden but they are less strict where i am now and because of this it will give me a chance to restart my company that was in progress when before the accident with my back
Accident with your back?

Dude, I thought your avatar was just you pulling a face - have I been having a pop at somebody typing all this with just a twitching eyelid or something?

NB: That does not excuse attempts to break the Laws of Thermodynamics, but it would excuse the punctuation issue.
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Kiteman1 year ago
yea was born with bad back so reading science indoor things have been a big part of my life an my last operation succeeded in fixing it but then i developed an infection that cause that part of my spine where the metal cage was holding it together to collapse part of the cage logged itself into my spinal cord and paralyzed my for 3yrs i been mostly doing Physical Therapy for the past 6yrs to strengthen my upper body so i could get an apartment of my own i was close to doing so this year how ever when sandy hit i was bumped down to the bottom of the state housing list and filed as a last priority because of those who lost their homes need relocating which is left to state housing to do so until the repairs are finished i must continue living in long term medical care unless i can find someone to move in with other than that im sadly forced to wait while state housing sets up an apartment with everything i need to take care of myself this power unit i been working on for so many years was actually originally meant to make a portable medical bed/wheel c hair which would give me more mobility but then with all i saw going on in the world i repurposed it to help provide small towns and countries with a new free energy source
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Kiteman1 year ago
yea as i said i am not so good with that i have a trachea in my throat so to talk to everyone around me i have to short text everything i been doing it so long now i've developed a very bad habit for creating run ons
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Kiteman1 year ago
an honestly you sound like you work at the power company to be denying that what i say is not true
How does asking you to learn a bit of science make me a power company employee?

[Click, read]
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Kiteman1 year ago
you changed the subject an twisted my words i merely said that its basic knowledge just like you can change the speed on a bike with the gears its the same as using a small motor to spin a gear connected to a series of turbines the faster a turbine spins the more power it can put out connecting this to a storage unit would allow you to also store energy for when you need to maintenance the device which is also not that hard due to the factory grade oils produced for things like roller coasters which only require a 1 to 2 year relubrication
Using a motor to turn a turbine to turn a generator does not produce more power - you have to *use* power to run the motor.

(Define "storage unit".)
maskofdarkness22 (author)  Kiteman1 year ago
correct are you skimming through my messages because you obviously missed that part where i said you use a small battery or even a large one to power the motor then having the turbines not just move power into the storage unit but also into the battery that powers the motor
and a storage unite can be defined multiple ways in this case i'm referring to the one that is used in solar power homes its a large battery type of device that looks like a surge protector from a power line poll you can get them from either home depot make your own or also the government does have programs where they will provide some of the equipment as well as a small amount of funding if your willing to turn your home to solar and wind powered because of this power companies also offer to reduce your own power bills if you continue with them because these new home power units also help the power company to provide extra power to neighbor hoods in times of crisis as NY is currently undergoing do to super storm sandy
maskofdarkness22 (author) 1 year ago
Also just realized sprockets could also work for this rather than your average gear
maskofdarkness22 (author) 1 year ago
An Apology to Kiteman i can see why you didn't understand it at first but i do promise when i publish the instructable on this it will include pictures as well as everything in steps including the items list and things i recommend for you to add to this in order to better maintain the entire system
maskofdarkness22 (author) 1 year ago
also sorry it took me so long to get back to everyone on this but i was left without internet or tv for 3 months because the old place i was living in the entire first floor flooded so i was evacuated ahead of time due to my physical condition
Quick answer... There is no such thing as free Energy. You always have to put more of one kind of energy into a system to get less of a different kind of energy out.
maskofdarkness22 (author)  mpilchfamily1 year ago
actually your all over thinking it, the answer is simple as making an old fashion clock with merely a 9v battery you can design a small power box capable of powering your home and charging a large energy storage system the basics of it is that all you really need to use is a small electronic motor with a series of mini turbines and gears by doing this you can continuosly charge the small battery that powers the motor that turns the gear on it which in turn turns the gears connected to the turbines and as you all know gears can change the speed of things based upon how many brackets are on each of the gears so technically you can produce more power by have a gear on the motor powered by the battery have a bunch of tiny brackets as well as the same on the turbine to produce more power than that which is being used to spin it
maskofdarkness22 (author) 1 year ago
actually your all over thinking it, the answer is simple as making an old fashion clock with merely a 9v battery you can design a small power box capable of powering your home and charging a large energy storage system the basics of it is that all you really need to use is a small electronic motor with a series of mini turbines and gears by doing this you can continuosly charge the small battery that powers the motor that turns the gear on it which in turn turns the gears connected to the turbines and as you all know gears can change the speed of things based upon how many brackets are on each of the gears so technically you can produce more power by have a gear on the motor powered by the battery have a bunch of tiny brackets as well as the same on the turbine to produce more power than that which is being used to spin it
sorry the only down side to this is needing to shut it down 1 time a year to oil everything