turkey tek- Finalist
Interactive Multitouch Display
Help judge the contest by rating this forum post!
For those that care what I would do with a laser cutter:
1. I will use the laser cutter to shape young minds; precisely.
2. I will use the laser cutter to engrave space filling curves on everything...even other space filling curves.
3. I will use the laser cutter to build up furniture out of layers of cardboard.
4. I will use the laser cutter to build the structural elements of another laser cutter. High power laser diodes are getting incredibly cheap these days. Once I have time to understand how to build high current pulsed power supplies without current overshoot, itsa done deal.
5. I will use the laser cutter to fairly divide complicated pies among multiple individuals. Coupled with cheap desktop FDM (food deposition manufacture) machines, you will soon be able to download a fractal pie from the internet, fabricate it, and then cut it into little tiny fractaline pieces, all the while not wearing any pants.
6. I will use the laser cutter in a massive alternate reality game I've been planning for several years which will involve fabricating 2**12 unique procedurally generated puzzles.
7. I will use the laser cutter to double the number of gold spheres I own by making the byzantine, low kerf cuts required to implement the Banach-Tarski paradox
8. I will use the laser cutter to efficiently remove corporate logos from consumer goods. This is something I currently do with sandpaper or an exacto knife, but with a laser cutter, I would offer to do it FREE for anyone who wanted to send me their cellphone, mouse, laptop, etc.
9. I will use the laser cutter to machine microfluidic devices for experimental kitchen use.
10. I will use the laser cutter to piece aperiodic quilts and quilts of varying curvatures
11. I will use the laser cutter to do anything any other finalist proposes to do, twice!