People search for stuff at Instructables all the time. Sometimes they find what they're looking for, and sometimes they don't. But there are a few common how-tos that come up often enough that make us wonder, "why don't we have an Instructable on that?"
The answer is because no one has written one. But you can change all that.
In round six of burning questions we got great info on "How to Divide"
and "How to factor."
Now as good as those two instructables were, it made us realize that there's a whole lot more math how-to's that we'd left out.
In an effort to start with the basics, below is a list of "wanted Instructables". Write an Instructable about one of these topics and you will be eligible to win an Instructables Burning Questions Prize Pack consisting of an instructables robot t-shirt, a robot patch and a Burning Questions bumper sticker! Plus, one winner will receive a TI-30XS Multiview Calculator.
Be sure to provide a great Instructable and give it the same title as it appears in the list. Please read the full requirements below before entering.
How to AddHow to SubtractHow to MultiplyAdding FractionsSubtracting FractionsDividing FractionsMultiplying FractionsDecimal to FractionHow to GraphMultiplication TablesArea of a CircleArea of a CylinderVolume of a SphereVolume of a CylinderSurface Area of a SphereCircumference of a Circle
- The Instructables have to be of very good quality. So include well written text, plenty of details, original pictures, and provide a thorough answer to the question. If they're lousy (you know when they are), your project won't be allowed into the contest.
- The Instructables have to include their own original images taken by you, the author. Instructables comprised of images found online will not be allowed into the group. There are many applications you can find that will help you make equations, DragMath
, Open Office Math Editor
, and a slew of others
should ensure your instructable is as easy as possible for others to follow.
- They have to be titled exactly as they appear above. Why? Because that's what people are looking for.
- They have to have a publish date after 2009-01-27.
- They have to be on the list! Only Instructables answering questions on the list will be admitted to the group.
If multiple users decide to answer the same question, we'll pick the Instructable that answers the question best and declare them the winner. So make sure that your answer is the best it can possibly be!
That's it, so go forth and hunt down the answers for some of these Burning Questions! Once again, the title needs to be the same as it is in the list!Official Rules
The Burning Questions Round 6.5 is closed.