If you like it hot, this is the challenge for you! Even if you can't make it to the 2011 Eat Real Festival
in person, you can share your chili know-how online. Show us how you like to spice things up in the Chili Pepper Challenge.
Enter your original Step-by-Step, Photo, or Video Instructable showing us your recipe, project, or technique for kicking it up a notch with chili peppers. Any project made with chilis is eligible; enter to win an awesome set of Japanese knives!
Top entries may also be eligible to compete in the Canned Heat Contest
at the LA Eat Real Festival.
Update: contest now closes Monday night, July 4! Make good use of the extra holiday to post your hot chili favorites.
Ready to start? Click here!
Read more about the free Eat Real Festival
, follow the festival on Facebook
or on Twitter
, and come celebrate, share, and learn more about food! July 16-17 in LA, and September 23-25 in Oakland, CA.
Multiple entries are accepted, but each entrant can only win one prize. Contest is open to international entries. Contest closes for entries at 11:59pm PDT, July 4.
The Chili Pepper Challenge is closed.
Three first prize winners will receive this 3-piece Global Knife Set. The knives are forged by hand in Japan, using stainless steel that is hardened in a process inspired by the crafting of ancient samurai swords. A favorite of Instructables CEOs worldwide!
Also included is an Instructables prize pack with pro membership, robot t-shirt and more!
5 winners will receive this 2-piece Kyocera Ceramic Blade Knife Set. These traditional Japanese knives feature a lightweight nonreactive ceramic blade that holds its edge ten times longer than steel. Take that, chili pepper!
HOW IT WORKS
Write an Instructable
Create a new Instructable that fits the guidelines outlined in the contest description above. To be eligible, Instructables must be published between Jun 6, 2011 and Jun 26, 2011 (11:59pm PT).
Never published an Instructable? Why Publish? »
Learn more about how it works.
Upon publishing your Instructable you'll see checkboxes for open contests. Select Chili Pepper Challenge. If you have entries currently eligible for entry, it will also show up by clicking "Enter this Contest" on the right side of this page.
Entries are accepted by Instructables staff within one business day Monday - Friday. What matters is the submission time, not acceptance time.
Instructables members can vote for an entry during the contest plus 3 days after the contest closes.
A panel of judges made up of Instructables staff and respected members of the community rate the finalists. The averages of the ratings determine the winners.
When the winners are decided they will be announced here on the contest page. All entrants will be notified when this happens.
1. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchases are necessary; void where prohibited by law.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.