The growing season is just getting under way, and we want to see what you have planned! Show us pictures of what you've planted, what's already budding, your new koi pond, or any other plans you have for your garden!
The rule for the Share Your Garden Photo Contest is simply this: submit a Photo Instructable of something you've done for your garden. That's it! It can be your own creation, a modification of something else, or even a finished build from a kit. As long as you've made it or grown it, or made plans to make or grow it once the weather turns better, you should enter it!
So submit your photos of what you've made, whether new or old. We can't wait to see what it is!
Multiple entries are accepted, but each entrant can only win one prize. Contest is open to international entries. Contest closes for entries at 11:59pm PDT, May 22.
The Share Your Garden Photo Contest is closed.
Second Prize (5 winners)
Third Prize (50 winners)
Grand Prize (1 winner)
One Grand Prize winner will receive a Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm Nikkor Zoom Lens to take lots of amazing shots of future projects. Also included is an Instructables Prize Pack that has a one-year Pro membership, Robot t-shirt, and more.
First Prize (1 winner)
One First Prize winner will receive a Nikon Coolpix S6000 and an Instructables Prize Pack that includes a one-year Pro membership, Robot t-shirt, and more.
Second Prize (5 winners)
Five Second Prize winners will receive a custom laser-etched Leatherman Juice and an Instructables Prize Pack that includes a one-year Pro membership, Robot t-shirt, and more!
Third Prize (50 winners)
Fifty Third Prize winners will receive a one-year Pro membership.
Write an Instructable
Create a new Instructable that fits the guidelines outlined in the contest description above. To be eligible, Instructables must be published between Apr 25, 2011 and May 22, 2011 (11:59pm PT).
Upon publishing your Instructable you'll see checkboxes for open contests. Select Share Your Garden Photo Contest. If you have entries currently eligible for entry, it will also show up by clicking "Enter this Contest" on the right side of this page.
Entries are accepted by Instructables staff within one business day Monday - Friday. What matters is the submission time, not acceptance time.
Instructables members can vote for an entry during the contest plus 3 days after the contest closes.
A panel of judges made up of Instructables staff and respected members of the community rate the finalists. The averages of the ratings determine the winners.
When the winners are decided they will be announced here on the contest page. All entrants will be notified when this happens.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.