Halloween is our favorite holiday! It's an excuse to make cat costumes and edible eyeballs, carve jack-o-lanterns, and build a model guillotine or motion-activated bats. It's the one holiday where everyone agrees that doing it yourself is best, so what are YOU making, baking, or creating to celebrate? The world needs to know!
This year we've teamed up with the folks at SINGER
, and Photojojo
to bring you the best Halloween contest ever. Show us what delightfully frightful things you can make, and win the tools to create something even more amazing! Every winner will also receive the Instructables Prize Pack: a one-year Pro membership, and an Instructables Robot t-shirt, patch, and stickers.
*You do not have to choose a category. Our judges will select the best fit among the Costume, Gadgets & Gizmos, Decorations, Food, Green, and Slideshow categories.
*Every Halloween-themed Instructable posted since November 10, 2008 is eligible. Just click here
enter your previously-published project.
*Multiple entries are allowed. Limit to one prize per entrant.
*International entries are allowed.
So get to it! Put your imagination and skills to good use making the world creepier place. We can't wait to see what you'll make!
1. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchases are necessary; void where prohibited by law.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.