Perhaps one of the first examples of up-cycling, quilting is an age-old technique for turning scraps of fabric into something unique and useful. Today's quilts are more than just functional - they're fun! From exquisitely detailed works of art, to t-shirt quilts that pay homage to your favorite rock concert experiences, quilting touches all walks of life.
We want to see what you bring to the quilting table, so we teamed up with SINGER to bring you the SINGER Quilting Contest!
To enter, submit a Step By Step, Photo, or Video Instructable that relates to some aspect of quilting. Whether you want to show off your sewing technique or pattern-making, or fabric selection or anything else related to quilting, we want to see it!
So get going and show us what you can make. We can't wait to see what it is!
Multiple entries are accepted, but each entrant can only win one prize. Contest is limited to U.S. residents. Contest closes for entries at 11:59pm PDT, Apr. 10.
The SINGER Quilting Contest is closed.
First Prize (3 winners)
Grand Prize (1 winner)
One Grand Prize winner will receive a Singer Futura CE-250 Sewing and Embroidery Machine for lots of awesome projects in the future!
Also included is an Instructables Prize Pack that contains a one-year Pro membership, Robot t-shirt, and more.
First Prize (3 winners)
Three First Prize winners will receive a SINGER 7469Q Confidence Quilter Model Sewing and Quilting Machine for lots more quilting action in the future.
Also included is n Instructables Prize Pack that includes a one-year Pro membership, Robot t-shirt, and more.
Runner-Up Prize (5 winners)
Five Runner-Up Prize winners will receive an Instructables Prize Pack that includes a one-year Pro membership, Robot t-shirt, and more.
Write an Instructable
Create a new Instructable that fits the guidelines outlined in the contest description above. To be eligible, Instructables must be published between Mar 3, 2011 and Apr 10, 2011 (11:59pm PT).
Upon publishing your Instructable you'll see checkboxes for open contests. Select SINGER Quilting Contest. If you have entries currently eligible for entry, it will also show up by clicking "Enter this Contest" on the right side of this page.
Entries are accepted by Instructables staff within one business day Monday - Friday. What matters is the submission time, not acceptance time.
Instructables members can vote for an entry during the contest plus 3 days after the contest closes.
A panel of judges made up of Instructables staff and respected members of the community rate the finalists. The averages of the ratings determine the winners.
When the winners are decided they will be announced here on the contest page. All entrants will be notified when this happens.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.