Do you make amazing things out of wood? It's time to show off your skills, because we've teamed up with Popular Mechanics
to bring you a woodworking contest!
We love any sort of project that involves wood, so any type of woodworking is eligible. Tools can be classic hand tools or power tools, and the projects can be tiny or the size of a house. It's up to you! What truly matters is that you share your woodworking project with great photos and descriptions so others can learn from your experience!
This is your chance to win some awesome prizes from Craftsman
to help you on your next woodworking project, or even get your work published in Popular Mechanics
magazine! The woodworking experts at Popular Mechanics
will be judging this contest, so get your tools out and make something awesome. We can't wait to see what it is!
Instructables published from August 23 - October 3 are eligible for entry
Multiples entries are accepted, but each entrant can only win one prize
International entries are accepted
Voting period: Oct. 4 - 6
Judging period: Oct. 7 - 11
The Woodworking Contest is closed.
Grand Prize (1 winner)
First Prize (1 winner)
Second Prize (2 winners)
Runner-Up (10 winners)
HOW IT WORKS
Create a new Instructable that fits the guidelines outlined in the contest description above. To be eligible, Instructables must be published between Aug 23, 2010 and Oct 3, 2010 (11:59pm PT).
Never published an Instructable? Learn more about how it works.Why Publish? »
Upon publishing your Instructable you'll see checkboxes for open contests. Select Woodworking Contest. If you have entries currently eligible for entry, it will also show up by clicking "Enter this Contest" on the right side of this page.
Entries are accepted by Instructables staff within one business day Monday - Friday. What matters is the submission time, not acceptance time.
Instructables members can vote for an entry during the contest plus 3 days after the contest closes.
A panel of judges made up of Instructables staff and respected members of the community rate the finalists. The averages of the ratings determine the winners.
When the winners are decided they will be announced here on the contest page. All entrants will be notified when this happens.
1. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchases are necessary; void where prohibited by law.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables and Popular Mechanics a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.