With Instructables you can share what you make with the world, and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
These re-usable grocery bags will help you answer the question "Paper or plastic?" from your grocer, and help save waste and those landfill stuffers...
1. Cut four (4) of pattern on fold allowing 1/4" seam.
2. With wrong sides together, sew sides and top of handle with a zig zag stitch or anything durable. I used a zig zag first and then follow with a st...
3. Turn outside in and press seams. Run a straight stitch, approximately 1/4" seam allowance, creating a French seam.
4. Turn to right side and press seams again. Notch corners of center for easy hem turning, and zig zag around center opening and handle opening. Sec...
5. Fold handle in half, bringing in side and bottom to match. Press and secure handle top and bottom with several zig zags back and forth.
Here's the finished product.
We have a be nice comment policy. Please be positive and constructive.
We noticed you attached photosto your comment.
How to Make a Rug from Plastic Grocery Bagsby walkerbarb
Make your own grocery bagby compwalla
Upcycled Grocery Tote Bagby tjobrien123
Plastic bag bagby lisarea
Grocery bag from dog food bag!by SNLouise
T-Shirt grocery bagby Jason_Pham
Making a Fold Away Grocery Bagby KaceyK
Giftwrapping with a Brown Paper Grocery Bagby hippie_mama
Recycle Plastic Bags Into Usable Plastic Sheets by DIY Hacks and How Tos
Easy Grocery Bag Shopping Tote From 2 Pillowcasesby luckypalm
Join 2 million + to receive instant inspiration in your inbox.
Download our apps!
© 2015 Autodesk, Inc.
By clicking "Create Account" you are indicating that you have read and agree to the Terms of service.
Already a member? Login »
Enter the email associated with your account and we will send you your username and a temporary password.
Not a member? Sign Up »
Want to go pro?
First step is to sign up.
By clicking "Sign me up!" you are indicating that you have read and agree to the Terms of service.