Introduction: Smart Greenhouse
The project of VII Fab Lab Polytech School
The main goal of the project is to automatize caring about plants.
Functions of the greenhouse
- monitoring environmental parameters (temperature, humidity, soil moisture, CO2 content of the air, illumination)
- extension of daylight for plants
- airing of greenhouse
automatic watering by timer and soil drying
Step 1: List of Components
Watering unit (choose one of the following):
- Stepper motor Nema 17 + silicon tube 10х1 mm + two bearings 608 + stepper motor driver
- Car washer pump
- Hydraulic valve with electrical control
- Cooler size 40mm
- Transparent plexiglass 4mm
- Blue and red LED strip (optimal light wave length for plants)
- Arduino uno
- Plastic container
Step 2: The Housing
The housing is cut from 4mm plexiglas (archive with solidworks models attached) and glued together. After glue hardens, use sealant on connections. Installation of the sensors is carried out by means of hot melt adhesive. Carry wire through openings in the rear wall to the electronic cell.
We made a version with a hydraulic valve and a bottle to represent connecting our device to plumbling. So we made a bottle holder.
Step 3: Electronics
The power supply is performed by 12V.
Arduino sketches for valve control, sensors and lighting are included.
Step 4: Credits
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.