For this project, you will need:
- Two different sizes of styrofoam balls
- Paint (I used red, green and white, but die-hard fans may opt for the original colors: red with orange spots for Super Mushrooms and orange with green spots for 1ups)
- Mod podge - this can be found in craft stores, and is used to fill in the pores of the styrofoam to create a smoother painting surface. Alternatively, spackle could be used, and might be quicker in the end.
- Small gauge wire to make a hook (or pre-formed ornament hook)
- Wire cutters
- X-acto (or similar) knife
- Paint brush and cups for water