Power up your Christmas and give your tree Extra Life with these super cute Super Mario ornaments you can make in an afternoon! They're fast and inexpensive, so go ahead and build an entire Mushroom Kingdom!
Step 1: Materials
- Two different sizes of styrofoam balls
- Paint (I used red, green and white, but die-hard fans may opt for the original colors: red with orange spots for Super Mushrooms and orange with green spots for 1ups)
- Mod podge - this can be found in craft stores, and is used to fill in the pores of the styrofoam to create a smoother painting surface. Alternatively, spackle could be used, and might be quicker in the end.
- Small gauge wire to make a hook (or pre-formed ornament hook)
- Wire cutters
- X-acto (or similar) knife
- Paint brush and cups for water