My boys were going to be helping me use the cookie cutters so the edges could not be sharp. I didn't want any little fingers harmed!
When making cutters from a soda can you are limited with length so the shapes have to be relatively small. It worked so well I will definitely do it again - especially since it was so fast!
Step 1: Supplies and Directions
Empty soda can
1. Cut the top and bottom off of the soda can using sharp scissors and discard. Don't worry about jagged edges.
2. Cut the remaining center piece down the side so when you unroll it you have a rectangle.
3. Using a sharpie marker and ruler draw a straight line down the side edge and cut along the line with scissors.
4. Measure one inch from the cut edge and draw another line but don't cut it yet.
5. Repeat and draw another line (so you have two, 2 inch segments) and cut along the second line - now both edges are straight.
Step 2: Bend the Edges
7. Once the whole edge is bent press it flat. Repeat on the other side and cut down the center line so you have two separate pieces.