Step 1: Materials
- Lycra Fabric (or any stretch spandex fabric) - 29" length x 25" width for a size small, increase the width size to adjust for size.
- Steam-A-Seam - this stuff is so easy to use and will finish your hems quickly
- Sewing Machine or Serger - i sewed the main seam together instead of using the steam-a-seam because there will be a lot of stress on this seam unlike the hem
- Mark-B-Gone Pen
- Measuring Tape
Step 2: Cut Pattern
Width = 25", this will change depending on your size, this works for a size extra small and small, increase to adjust for size.
Height = 29", this will change depending on your height. This would work for someone in the 5' 2" to 5' 7" range.
Step 3: Sew Seam
THUS, just fold the fabric in half along the width (so it is 12.5" x 29" OR 1/2w x h) and pin the edges together in a straight line.
I used a serger to sew the edge together. You can also use a sewing machine - make sure you use a stitch that works for stretchy fabrics.
Step 4: Fuse Hem
STEPS (for top and bottom edge):
- Turn fabric inside out
- Fold edge over 1/2"
- Iron edge down so you have a crease in the fabric. This marks where the steam-a-seam will be laid down.
- Place the steam-a-seam right up along the crease you created with the iron. Follow the directions on the steam-a-seam box.