In this instructable, you will learn how to make a very easy and very reliable electric ignition using easy-to-find materials, plus a few tools. Hope you like it and it works for you, Feel free to leave comments or questions and I will try to respond in a timely manner. Sorry for the low-quality photos, they were from my cell phone camera.
Step 1: Step 1 - Gather Materials
1. Wire (Somewhere around 16 AWG but doesnt matter that much and have about 8-10 feet)
2. Wire strippers (also have crimpers&connectors if you plan to use connectors)
3. electrical tape, if you're not using connectors
4. 12v car jack ****NOTE:**** Make sure that it is only a jack, with no resistors or anything because you will need all the power from your car battery. If you got a spare from an old cell charger rip out the circuit board and just use the wires. If you can't do this, get one from RadioShack
5. any kind of switch
6. alligator clips
7. firecracker/bottle rocket with fuse
Step 2: Assemble It
Now you will connect the 12v car jack, wire, switch, & the clips. First connect the jack to your 8-10 feet of wire and strip the ends opposite the jack. Now attach the clips to these stripped ends. These clips will eventually attach to the fuse assembly. Now cut and strip one of the wires coming from the jack and attach your switch. You have succesfully completed this step.
Step 3: Make Fuse Assembly
NOTE: It is probably a good idea to just test it out by hooking up a "blank" to the clips to make sure it works... ALSO make sure that the "wraps" you make to form the coil of wire are close (like touching) or else it will take a long time to heat up or wont light at all