LEDs could be very efficient and economical in long term use. A 10W LED lamp can replace a 100w incandescent lamp or a 30W compact fluorescent lamp. Despite an relatively high initial cost, compared with other kinds of domestic lamps, your electric bill could drop significantly if you use it instead.
Here I will show to you how to make your own stylish 10W Retro-Futuristic LED Lamp, spending around US$ 25 bucks. Let's go!
Step 1: Materials
You will need:
1. One old burned compact fluorescent lamp, for the LED lamp socket (anyone serves);
2. Two grip flat connectors;
3. One 10W LED: www.satisled.com/10w-high-power-led-white-600800lm_p134.html - color of your choice;
4. Two little screws (search in your tech scrap);
5. One 10W LED driver: www.satistronics.com/constant-current-power-supply-for-10-w-power-led-100240vac-input_p2174.html
6. Thermal paste;
7. One old computer cooler (search in your tech scrap);
8. Heat shrink tubing;
9. 30 cm of wire (2 mm).