Introduction: +12/-12 Volt Transformer Based Dual Voltage Power Supply
In this tutorial i will show you how to make simple +12/-12 volt transformer based Dual Voltage Power Supply circuit. You can watch the video which is embedded in this step for construction, parts list, circuit diagram & testing or you can continue reading the post for further details.
Step 1: Parts & Affiliate List
***Parts & Affiliate List***
- 1 * Transformer 240 to 15-0-15 volt - https://goo.gl/eDMmG4
- 4 * 1n4001 - https://goo.gl/4vC5FX
- 2 * 2200uF/25v
- 2 * 10uF/25v
- 1 * 3.3k
- 1 * Red Led
- 2 * Heat Sink - https://goo.gl/gvAhgN
- 2 * 3 pin Terminal Block - https://goo.gl/1bbFdc
- 1 * 7812 - https://goo.gl/dYnUST
- 1 * 7912
***Affiliate & Support Links***
If you wish to support my videos then you can do by using my affiliate links given below, this way i get small commission for your purchases.
Step 2: Circuit Diagram & Other Details
Construct the circuit as shown in the circuit diagram.
For making this project one of the main component is the center tapped transformer. The transformer i used is of the rating 240v to 12-0-12v. The recommended rating would be 240v to 18-0-18v transformer.
- Note : Sometimes the transformer you purchase outputs more then the specified value (which happened in my case), so be careful while choosing the transformer.
The C1 & C2 capacitor acts as the smoothing capacitor, this is to even out if there is any fluctuation. You can also add an bypass capacitor after the C1 & C2 to remove any AC noise which is not showed in my circuit. Next the two voltage regulators, The 7812 gives positive 12v & 7912 gives you -12v. This can be done with other variants too
- Note : 78xx gives the positive output & 79xx gives the negative output
The capacitor C3 & C4 are used as the bypass capacitor to remove the AC noise & give an pure & cleaner DC Signal.
The testing of the circuit can watched in the video attached in the first step or you can CLICK HERE
Thank You for watching
For more such contents please visit & subscribe to my YouTube Channel by CLICKING HERE
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.