Thanks to this mechanism, you can not only load more darts, but also reload them faster.
To get a better idea, watch the video:
Thanks to Instructables member ballisticjoe I found out, that I'm not the first one, to attempt this mod. You can find an other version, of this gun here.
Step 1: What you need
• three NERF Mavericks (e.g. on amazon.com)
• fine grid sanding paper
• two M4 screws, 4 nuts (two locknuts are even better) and two washers
• self tapping screw
• strong glue
• 6 mm acrylic, or plywood and a way to cut them to the shape shown in step three (e.g. laser cutter,
scroll saw, fretsaw...)
• optional: email paint, paint brushes, epoxy putty
• hack saw
• cross slot screwdriver
• claw hammer (if you don't have one, don't worry a slotted screwdriver will work as well)
• drill bits: 2 mm, 4.2 mm