Introduction: 1lb Gummy Bear
Back again with another instructable this time I will show you how to make a giant gummy bear. This instructable was requested by my wife. The steps are roughly the same as the Gummy shot glass which can be found here: https://www.instructables.com/id/Gummy-Shot-Glass/
Step 1: The Materials
- 12 oz. of flavored gelatin
- Eight 1/4 oz. packages of unflavored gelatin,
- 1 1/3 cups of hot water
- A bear cake mold (I had a small one that cost about $6 at a cake shop near my house)
- Corn Starch (to prevent sticking)
Step 2: The Procedure
- Place 1 1/3 cups hot water in a small sauce pan. Pour the Jello and unflavored gelatin over the water. We will have a saturated mixture that is very thick an grainy
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place sauce pan over medium heat and stir until gelatin is dissolved completely, about 5 minutes.
- When mixture is liquid and all gelatin has dissolved, remove from heat.
- Let cool for 3 minutes and then pour into the bear mold.
- After the bear is poured put it in the fridge on a plate for about 60 min
- When it has solidified carefully remove it from the mold.
- To prevent them from sticking, put a small amount of cornstarch in your hand and rub it onto the gummy bear so it will not stick in the bag you will store it in
Step 3: Eat and Enjoy!
Finalist in the
Play With Your Food Challenge