Step 1: Air Plant Tips
- bright, indirect light
-Good air flow
- to be misted 2-3 times a week
Step 2: Pineapple Planter
- a container for the "fruit part" of the pineapple planter. Mine has texture on it but yours can be round or a terra cotta pot painted yellow etc. think outside the box! I got this container from Michaels last year around the holiday season
- some rocks (to prop the plant up higher and help it stand up) (mine are from Michaels)
- air plant (on larger side) I got mine from my local plant place Called johnsons
Step 3: Assembling Pineapple Planter
Place the air plant on top of the rocks
Step 4: TaaaDahhhhh!!
Step 5: Gumball Machine Planter
- plastic gumball machine from Dollar Tree with holes drilled in the plastic globe part of it (start with a smaller bit to puncture it then a larger bit can make big holes) or you can use a real gumball machine and just leave the top off it. This Instructable uses the Dollar Tree Gumball machine
- rocks (mine are from Michaels)
- small air plant
Step 6: Rocks!
Step 7: Add Your Plant
I put the top of the machine on because I like how it looks but if you leave it off the plant will get even more air circulation. The plant expert at the place I got them though said that just the drilled holes would be sufficient. If you're using a real glass gumball machine you'll need to leave the top off.
Step 8: TAAA DAHHHH
Step 9: Gift Presentation
- clip a gift tag onto the container (pictured. Need ribbon, gift tag, sharpie, small clothes pin. Write out the persons name then make the downstrokes thicker. Tie a bow through the gift tag hole and clip onto the container with clothespin)
- wrap just the container in wrapping paper so there's still a surprise element to the gift!
Gumball machine terrarium:
- tie a ribbon into a bow around the base of the gumball machine (pictured. Need ribbon. Can add a gift tag if you'd like!)
-wrap just the base of the gumball machine terrarium
-put in a small basket with other things for the persons desk like cute pencils, clips etc and stick tissue paper into the basket here and there and/or tie a bow onto the basket